Wednesday, March 29, 2006

POST BRONCHITIS

A bout with Bronchitis which lasted for two weeks is finally over minus 10lbs of body weight because of not being able to or wanting to eat anything. I guess that takes me out of the "running" to be eligible to use Exubera (Inhaled Insulin). As I previously posted, "those with any respiratory problems such as Asthma, Bronchitis as well as Smokers are not candidates for Inhaled Insulin". Anyway, it was really created for those with Type 2 Diabetes who are afraid or do not want to use a needle with syringe to inject themselves for better Diabetes management/control. As we all know, in terms of "dollars & cents", Type 2 Diabetes is a larger cash flow market than Type 1 Diabetes which is about 10%. Another example of R&D being tipped in favor of those with Type 2 Diabetes since there is more money to be made.
The irony behind all this, is that Type 2 Diabetes is "PREVENTABLE". Type 1 DM is not.

4 comments:

Christine said...

I think by bronchitis they meant chronic bronchitis, not acute bronchitis, so you still may be eligible if you wanted to try Exubera. I am more excited about pumping though.

BetterCell said...

Hi Megan....Exubera will be very expensive and again it is really for people who are afraid of needles. 32G needles are no big deal(no pain). Pfizer said that any type of Bronchitis would cancel out those interested in "inhaled insulin".
BetterCell

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your blog. If you would like free diet tips please visit Weight Loss Plateau Help

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I have read your blog and you have a very good post and blog. I certainly agree with your blog articles or should I say issue you are discussing. In fact, you should add more articles with regards to your subject more often so that I can come visiting to your blog. How often do you find new and research stuff? Are there any opportunities that I can contribute to your blog. I believe other blog readers would love to read more related stuff. This way, your PR rank for this blog will raise if more visitors are coming. Keep up the good work! Eddy. Get your Early Symptoms Of Asthma Report Now! and get your health back fast!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I do not give up my Autonomy,especially to the Medical Profession. Passionate, Creative, Able to see Beauty within Simplicity, I Am Not A Diabetic, rather I have Diabetes (there is a big difference between the two on many levels).Type 1 Diabetes since 5 years of age. Belief in G-D