Friday, June 08, 2007

THE PRICE IS RIGHT

I went over to my hospital today to pick up a copy of lab results of blood that were drawn a couple of days ago.
Because I am pro-active medically and do not relinquish my Autonomy to the people in White(Medical Profession), I always will get my "labs" (which you have a Legal right to acquire) so I can know what is going on within my own Body.
There were two events that appeared somewhat strange to me.
The first was a woman in the "Waiting Area" reading a magazine with the main article of interest called, "How To Avoid Serious Hospital Errors."
Somewhat ironic I thought, since this was in a Hospital that was known for "sweeping their mistakes under the rug" in-order to avoid bad publicity and law suites.
The second was a Resident approaching the "Waiting Area" and calling out to a patient that he was to see, "Mrs. S. come on back."
The Resident looked impatient waiting for his patient to "come on back" and neglected to see, that Mrs. S. had difficulty walking and was relying on 2 canes.
I felt that this Doctor was more appropriately doing an impersonation of Bob Barker on the "Price Is Right" with his famous, "come on down" remarks to the contestants and maybe should have chosen a TV Game Show rather than Medicine as a career.

2 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Barry
I saw this post title and thought it was going to be about some dime apiece test strips you'd discovered.
I have every lab test from the last 6 years recorded in an old-fashioned accountant's ledger book. Yes, they could go on an Excel spreadsheet but I like the ritualof recording the information by hand. Once I asked a doc for some result and he replied, "what the heck do you need to know that for - you gonna write it down in a book?" .....(well, yes).
I think the medical profession has the same cross section of oafs and buffoons as the general population, but we notice them because different behavior is expected, Dream on.

BetterCell said...

Hi Kathy ........like most things in the current affairs of our society, the degradation has continued on even in what at one time was inconceivable....and that was Medicine.

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
New York, New York, United States
I do not give up my Autonomy,especially to the Medical Profession. Passionate, Creative, Able to see Beauty within Simplicity, I Am Not A Diabetic, rather I have Diabetes (there is a big difference between the two on many levels).Type 1 Diabetes since 5 years of age. Belief in G-D